Acceptable Use Policy
Section 1 - General Conduct
- Unlimited accounts are not dedicated accounts. Unlimited is defined as no limit on the amount of activity through circuits. Each dialup account has a 20-minute idle timeout and a 6/hr session limit. A customer may reconnect at any time but may not use any auto reconnect program/script/service to keep the account connected in a dedicated mode (see section below). Any user accounts violating this condition will be placed on hold and/or deactivated. If the account must be dedicated then the user can choose any one of the American Network Expert, LLC dedicated product plans as listed at http://www.networkexpert.net/webhosting.htm
- Customers are prohibited from transmitting on or through any of American Network Expert's services, any material that is, in American Network Expert's sole discretion, unlawful, obscene, threatening, abusive, libelous, or hateful, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- American Network Expert, LLC services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution, or storage of any information, data or material in violation of United States or state regulation or law, or by the common law, is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or any other statute. American Network Expert, LLC reserves the right to remove such illegal material from its servers.
- The customer is responsible for keeping his billing data with American Network Expert, LLC up-to-date and accurate. Furnishing false data on the signup form, contract, or online application, including fraudulent use of credit card numbers, is grounds for immediate termination, and may subject the offender to civil or criminal liability.
- The resale of American Network Expert, LLC products and services is not permitted, unless specifically permitted and documented in a written agreement.
- The customer agrees to hold American Network Expert, LLC harmless for any damages or losses that may arise out of the inability to connect reliably to the Internet through American Network Expert, LLC and use its services. Although American Network Expert, LLC makes every possible effort to ensure reliable access to the Internet, it does not guarantee reliable access, and American Network Expert, LLC is not liable for any losses or damages that could occur because of unreliable service. This includes, but is not limited to, the loss of or the destruction of data, hardware, software, records, and/or information. The user is responsible for the safety, reliability, and accuracy of data and/or software retrieved from the Internet, or from American Network Expert, LLC's facility.
Section 2 - System and Network Security
- Customers may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking"). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the Customer, logging into a server or account the Customer is not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks (such as running a SATAN scan or similar tool).
- Customers may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network ("denial of service attacks"). This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Customers may not use any kind of program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a user's terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. American Network Expert, LLC will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
- Users of any American Network Expert, LLC network MAY NOT use any program/script/service which attempts auto reconnect. Any accounts believed to be using any program/script/service will be placed on hold pending an investigation.
Section 3 - Email and Usenet
- Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages, is prohibited.
- Customers may not send email to any person who does not wish to receive it. If a recipient asks to stop receiving email, the customer must not send that person any further email.
- Customers are explicitly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages ("junk mail" or "spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it.
- Customers may not forward or otherwise propagate chain letters, whether or not the recipient wishes to receive such mailings.
- Malicious email, including but not limited to; "mail bombing" (flooding a user or site with very large or numerous pieces of email), is prohibited.
- Forging of header information is not permitted.
- American Network Expert, LLC accounts or services may not be used to collect replies to messages sent from another Internet Service Provider, where those messages violate this Acceptable Use Policy or the Acceptable Use Policy of the other provider.
Section 4 - Enforcement
- All persons who violate the Acceptable Use Policy will be charged an additional ninety dollars per hour per incident (billed in one-hour increments) on their bill. In addition to the charges, the account may be terminated.
- American Network Expert, LLC Internet Access is intended for legal use only. The violation of any law will result in the immediate termination of the customer's account, and American Network Expert, LLC will fully cooperate with any law enforcement agency. American Network Expert, LLC also reserves the right to hold customers liable for damages done to American Network Expert, LLC services and/or accounts.
Section 5 - Miscellaneous
- We do not warrant or promise that any of our numbers are local to you. In particular, we urge you to note that even an access number that shares your area code or appears to be located in your general geographic region may not necessarily be a local number to you. Substantial toll telephone charges may apply to numbers that you do not verify as local to your individual area or calling plan. Your local telephone company can tell you whether any of our telephone numbers area in fact local to you. We urge you to check with your local telephone company before selecting a number to dial.
- American Network Expert, LLC reserves the right to change or update the terms and conditions for Internet access, any other policy, or practice at any time without notice or warning. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting.
- By connecting to the Internet through American Network Expert, LLC, you have accepted the terms of this agreement. This policy is not negotiable. If you do not agree to these terms, terminate your accounts immediately.
You are here:
Acceptable Use Policy